Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Running on the Boise Greenbelt

I took a break from work today and went running on the Boise River Greenbelt, from my workplace at Drake Cooper, to the Anne Frank Memorial near Capital, to the ParkCenter walk bridge, and then back on the ParkCenter and BSU side of the river. It was a delightful run, but given that it was going to hit 95 degrees today, it was already quite hot at 12:15 p.m.

Still, despite the balmy temps, it reminded me that it was great to work near the Greenbelt, and have a shower at my workplace, so I could cram in a 5-mile run inside of an hour. And the river is always there, if you get too overheated. The Boise River is like 55 degrees! Quite refreshing.

To beat the heat, get out early. But even getting out at noon is a far cry better than not getting out at all.

- SS

No comments: