Thursday, November 1, 2018

Ever tried to find the "Old man of the Owyhees" aka "The Owyhee Face"?

The "Old Man of the Owyhees" - Ever been there/  
Hi all,

Well, the weather doesn't look all that promising this weekend in Marsing, but I've got a suggestion for the coming weeks when the weather is dry or you're up for a bit of an adventure.

Have you every tried to find the "Old man of the Owyhees" aka "The Owyhee Face"?

That's what a gentlemen asked me at one of my presentations at Boise REI ... and honestly, I've never seen it up close and personal, and never knew anything about it until he mentioned it to me.

I've got the hike to Jump Creek Falls in my Owyhee Canyonlands and Boise Trail Guide, and I have hiked up canyon a bit when I've been out to Jump Creek.

Here are some directions to the rock from Jason's Backcountry Adventures and a video ... See if you can find that cool rock face! You're going to have to do a little scrambling and bushwacking, but doesn't sound too bad!



Let me know how it goes!

Don't forget about the Ski Swap this weekend at the Fairgrounds. It opens at 3 p.m. on Friday and the sale continues through Sunday. See web site for details.

And did you see my story about a Boise guy who had to walk down Mount Borah with only one shoe in the Idaho Press?
- SS










No comments: