|The yurts are open! The yurts are open!|
The popular six yurts located amid the Idaho City Park and Ski trail system will be reopened for public use immediately, according to a press release from IDPR:
- Tie Boss easy tie down rope and pulley system. $14.99 for 1/4-inch rope and $19.99 for 3/8-inch rope. For tying down your recreation toys on the roof rack or in the back of the pickup, whatever. http://www.tieboss.com/
- Carbon Comfort bike seat, the brainchild of Jeri Rutherford of Boise. I haven't been able to test-drive one myself, but quite a few people like the seats, both men and women. They're carried by McU Sports and Ride Out Technologies.
- Biggest Swiss Army knife you've ever seen. The Victorinox Champ Swiss Army Knife. Only $75 at REI. This one deserves a picture:
- Camelbak UV water filter system. $99. 7 oz. Courtesy Backpacker mag.
- Bear Gryllis Ultimate Survival Kit. $37.50 at Amazon.com
- AIRE Tomcat Tandem inflatable kayak by Aire, in red or blue, accommodates two and has back rests for comfortable cruising; $799 (repair kit included) at Idaho River Sports. I've always wanted one of those for my family fleet.
- The XSC Explorer Series 8MP snorkeling mask has a built-in still and video camera for hands-free underwater photography down to 15 feet. From liquidimageco.com, courtesy of the New York Times.
- Atlas Aspect Unisex Snowshoes - great model for any ability. Just strap them on and go! $269.95 at Idaho Mountain Touring.
- Snow boots! Gotta have 'em! No one has a better snow boot collection in town than D&B Supply. Prices range from $45 and up at D&B Supply.
- OK, I can't resist ... guidebooks by Steve Stuebner! Boise Trail Guide, Boise Road Cycling Guide, Mountain Biking in Boise, Mountain Biking in McCall, Paddling the Payette, Discover Idaho's Centennial Trail can all be ordered from my web site online or purchased at your favorite outdoor store in the Treasure Valley.